AbCs and 123s

Ella has literally been asking to go to school for a year now. She could hardly stand the wait during the final days of the countdown. And then it was here, the night before pre-school. This being our first "back to school" experience we wanted to start some really fun traditions so, we let Ella pick a fun dinner and activity for the "last night of summer". She chose pizza and tater tots, then a movie night! We gave her a cute book, "The night before pre-school", and wrapped up the awesome twinkle toe shoes she wanted. She was adorably sweet saying things like, "thank you guys for everything!" and, "this is just so great!" 

                   

In the morning, as I watched the clock get closer to the time I would need to wake her up, I couldn't help but think about all the years of morning wake-up calls that lay ahead for us. As of now, it's exciting! I laid beside her for a moment and then gently started the process. She woke up tired, but eager. I had to push a little to get her to eat even the smallest amount of her breakfast. 


She had picked out her outfit a few days before, and we had everything set out and ready to go (so easy!).  I couldn't help but adore her little dress hanging from the closet door above her trademark sparkly shoes.

Once dressed and properly groomed she was ready to run out the door. I could tell just how anxious she was to get to school as I attempted to snap a few necessary commemorative photos before we left. 


                                                                          


Once inside, she quickly dropped her stuff, said hello to cousin Cole,  and pranced off to play. I had to talk fast just to get a goodbye out of her. As I started off in my quiet car I told Clifford, "it's just you and I now, kid!" We both missed her all morning. When I picked her up she happily said goodbye to her new friends and teachers and proceeded to tell me all about her amazingly awesome first day of school. 
She is so excited to go back! 

PS. she totally smelled like pre-school all day, and I loved it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment